The following is from The Ringer:
“Multiple league sources I’ve spoken to think the Lakers or Clippers are viable destinations for King James. Jalen Rose said this week on First Take that he expects LeBron to make a move from Cleveland to California, where he already owns a house 30 minutes away from Staples Center”
LeBron has a $35.6 million player-option to remain with Cleveland in 2018-19 or become a free agent. He signed his contract in 2016 after delivering Cleveland’s first ever NBA title and first pro sports title in 50+ years in a historic fashion.
Top Reasons why LeBron James will not join the Los Angeles Clippers/Lakers:
- He already has a loaded Cleveland team, arguably the best team he has ever assembled that also won a championship last year. If he’s still chasing rings at this stage of his career, then this Cleveland team is his best option.
- In the Eastern Conference’s Lebron sits as the king, having been to 7 straight finals and counting as he has been hammering down opponents to the point where players are opting out to leave their teams because of him.
- LeBron will be making the most money in Cleveland than at any other team.
- LeBron hates when he is described as the “Villain”. He has already seen those days when he left Cleveland to join the Miami Heat in pursuit of championships in 2010. He has embraced the role of being “The Savior” since coming back and delivering the title.
- According to LeBron James’ comments earlier he is chasing the ghost in Chicago for the title of “Greatest Of All Time”. His best option of gaining that title would be sticking with Cleveland.
Top Reasons why LeBron James might join the Los Angeles Clippers/Lakers:
- Bringing the “Banana Boat Crew” together, consisting of: Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony, LeBron and Dwyane Wade who are close friends of James and spend the off season together. He said he wants to play with them in his career and now might be the chance as Carmelo Anthony and Chris Paul are most likely headed out of their respective teams via trades and free agency signings.
- Trying out new things. Perhaps, as bizarre as it sounds, LeBron James is bored of playing in the Eastern Conference. It could be possible he wants to face tougher opponents in the West to refine his legacy when all is said and done.
- LeBron James will make whichever team he is on a title contender. Making the Lakers NBA champions again or taking the Clippers to their first ever NBA Finals might be more exciting than repeating in Cleveland to him.
Until now this is merely a speculation going around at the moment but could make for a shocking headline if it is proven true later down the line. To that same point Lebron should be careful as it could potentially leave a scar on his legacy.