Though I do recommend waiting a couple rounds before taking a QB, I do think that it’s one of the most important positions in fantasy football. Here are my top 5 fantasy QBs:
- Drew Brees. Brees always tends to rack up a ton of yards every year. Last year Brees totaled 5,208 yards, 37 TDs, and 15 INTs. The loss of WR Brandin Cooks will hurt Drew Brees, but he still has Michael Thomas and Willie Snead to pass to every week. Brees totaled 408.62 fantasy points last season in PPR leagues. I expect Brees to have the same season he had last year in fantasy.
- Tom Brady. Brady had an outstanding year in fantasy football last season, racking up a whopping 301.62 fantasy points in PPR leagues. And with the additions of Brandin Cooks, Mike Gillislee, and Rex Burkhead, and with the possibility of a healthy Rob Gronkowski, I expect Brady to have an even better season than last year.
- Aaron Rodgers. If I was Rodgers I wouldn’t worry about a thing. Especially since I’m throwing to Randall Cobb, Jordy Nelson, Davante Adams, and newly signed TE Martellus Bennett. There is no slowing down for the 33 year old QB just yet, Rodgers threw a deep TD pass to Davante Adams in camp last week. Rodgers totaled 434.52 points in PPR leagues last season. I expect Rodgers to have an even better season than he did last year.
- Matt Ryan. Matty Ice had one crazy season in 2016, totaling 4,944 yards, 38 TDs, and 7 INTs, good enough to win MVP. Ryan has an outstanding WR to throw to in Julio Jones, 2 exceptional WRs in Taylor Gabriel and Mohamed Sanu, a promising young TE in Austin Hooper, and a magnificent 1-2 punch at RB with Devonta Freeman and Tevin Coleman. Ryan racked up 403.32 fantasy points in PPR leagues last season. I expect Ryan to have the same fantasy season as he did last year.
- Ben Roethlisberger . Big Ben is a fantasy football machine. With the addition of WR Juju-Smith-Schuster, and RB James Conner out of the backfield, along with the possibility of Martavis Bryant coming back from suspension, I’m expecting Ben to have an even better season than last year. Ben totaled 321.76 fantasy points in PPR leagues last season.
- Sleepers: Carson Wentz, Tyrod Taylor, Marcus Mariota, Kirk Cousins