Last week I wrote my Top 5 Fantasy QBs article. Today I’m continuing this list with my Top 5 Fantasy RBs. Here it is:
- David Johnson. Johnson is by far the best RB to have on your team. He can even do damage out of the backfield, totaling 80 receptions for 879 yards and 4 TDs. Johnson is a must have on your fantasy team. Johnson totaled 390.7 fantasy points in PPR leagues during the 2016 season. I expect him to be drafted within the first 10 picks.
- Le’Veon Bell. Bell is one of the most unique backs in the league. He’s the most patient RB I’ve ever seen, and it helps. He totaled 320 fantasy points in PPR leagues last season. And with no suspension, I expect Bell to have an even better season than he did in 2016.
- LeSean McCoy. Shady is hands down one of the best backs in the league. And since Buffalo got him some help this off-season, specifically Mike Tolbert, Dion Dawkins, and Patrick DiMarco, the league’s best FB. In 2016, McCoy totaled 309.1 fantasy points in PPR leagues. If he can keep this up with new players blocking for him, and new coaches, I expect Shady to possibly take home the rushing title.
- Ezekiel Elliott. I would draft Elliott with caution. Dallas has a crowded backfield with Alfred Morris, Darren McFadden, and Ronnie Hillman. Elliott also has a suspension hanging over his head due to a domestic violence incident. Elliott totaled 358.6 fantasy points in PPR leagues last season. If he doesn’t miss any games, I expect Elliott to have the same season as 2016.
- Devonta Freeman. Freeman & Tevin Coleman are one of the best RB duos in the league. Freeman is currently in a contract year, and contract years are usually when a player brings out the best in himself. And they have kept their OL in tact from last season, which helps a lot. Freeman totaled 256.4 fantasy points in PPR leagues last season. I expect Freeman to have an even better season than last year.
Sleepers: DeMarco Murray, Jordan Howard, Jay Ajayi.