Last time I wrote my Top 5 Fantasy WRs In 2017 article. Here’s my Top 5 Fantasy TEs list:
- Jordan Reed. I love Reed in fantasy football. I think he’s a must have in any kind of fantasy league. If he can stay healthy for a full season with Kirk Cousin as his QB, there’s no reason why he won’t be a great pick. In 2016, Reed totaled 125.1 fantasy points in PPR leagues. I expect Reed to be a top 5 pick.
- Rob Gronkowski. Draft Gronk with caution. He was never really himself last year coming back from a hamstring injury that forced him to miss the first 2 games of the season. If he can stay healthy for a full 16 games with Brady as his QB, he’ll be in store for a spectacular year.
- Travis Kelce. Kelce did miss a couple practices due to swelling in his knee, but he should be 100% in time for the season. Kelce was Smith’s favorite target in 2016, and that should be the case this year as well with the loss of Jeremy Maclin. In 2016, Kelce totaled 186.3 fantasy points in PPR leagues. I expect Kelce to have a better season than he did last year.
- Greg Olsen. I like Olsen in fantasy. The only thing I’m worried about is who’s throwing him the ball? Newton is still nursing a shoulder injury that he had surgery on in the off-season, and if he misses any time, Derek Anderson would most likely be the starter. Not hating on Anderson, just saying that his stats will drop with him at QB. Olsen totaled 166.6 fantasy points in PPR leagues last year.
- Kyle Rudolph. Rudolph had a stellar year in 2016, totaling 840 yards and 7 TDs with Sam Bradford at QB. Rudolph totaled 144.3 fantasy points in PPR leagues last year. If he can keep up his great season from last year, he would be a steal in your drafts!
Sleepers: Zach Ertz, Jimmy Graham, Delaine Walker